6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 11, 2010 1:25 PM by zenbachry

Artemis!41B1D4F6F3AE

I try to play one of my games, Cabal Online, and when it does the patch, I get this notice. (see attatched photo). It's driving me crazy and why, after 3 weeks of playing, am I just now getting it? I get it twice saying that the .dll has been removed. First time is the game's program files, and then the second time in the temporary files.

• 1. Re: Artemis!41B1D4F6F3AE

Moving the thread to Malware Discussion area for more assistance:

To investigate this issue, please submit the sample directly to McAfee Labs by attaching the file in an email to virus_research@avertlabs.com. When submitting samples via email, you must archive them in a password protected .zip file with the password “infected” (all lowercase).

Once the file "eng_imgrepository.dll" is submitted, please post the submission response ID to this thread, so that this issue can be escalated.

You can temporarily disable your antivirus - that will allow you to access and zip the file without locking up the system. Once you've submitted the file via email, the antivirus protection can be re-enabled again. Btw, what version of the McAfee products are you running? We will also require scan engine and DAT version information. (to find out that Open Security Center> Click on Navigation> About)

• 2. Re: Artemis!41B1D4F6F3AE

Is this what you're wanting?

Analysis ID: 6332307

I had to send it from my gmail account because Hotmail nor Yahoo would allow me to attach it.

See  attached image for window you're wanting. I don't want to have to type  it all in again. Three times the web page messed up and said "cannot post  empty message"

Also, should I go and hit the Cabal forums up and tell them the issue?

Edit: Would have been helpful to know that you can't add your own scripting here. As in the (code)(/code), only using brackets instead of parenthesis. So, it was my fault that it messed up 3 times.

Message was edited by: zenbachry on 11/11/10 4:04:12 AM CST
            • 3. Re: Artemis!41B1D4F6F3AE
              exbrit

Moved to Artemis discussions.

• 4. Re: Artemis!41B1D4F6F3AE

It actually appears that McAfee has a problem with the game...

http://forum.cabal.com/showthread.php?657-Known-Anti-Virus-applications-that-has -problems-with-CABAL-and-GameGuard

Edit: However, the game did run without a problem until game maitenence. So this is actually a new problem for me...but I'm going to see if they are going to do something on ESTsoft's side. Reason I say this is because McAfee users aren't the only ones that have this problem. AVG, Kasperky (or however it's spelled), Trend Micro, and others have same issues. I could REALLY use that "ignore list" now

Message was edited by: zenbachry on 11/11/10 6:18:36 AM CST
                • 5. Re: Artemis!41B1D4F6F3AE
                  vinoo

Thanks for reporting.

The file (md5:41b1d4f6f3ae358b6a9d6fb51bd87c38) been whitelisted and the Artemis detection should go away in ~30 mins.

• 6. Re: Artemis!41B1D4F6F3AE

Thank you very much!