0 Replies Latest reply on Nov 10, 2010 2:27 PM by nashcoop

VSE 8.7 Patch 4 installation failure causing high bandwidth issues

nashcoop

Our ePO server started creating a lot of network traffic with about 10 systems following our rollout of patch 4.  The deployment was successful on about 1,400 machines running either XP or W7.  I checked the McAfee Agent Logs on the 10 systems that were creating a large amount of network traffic, and it appeared to be the result of the ePO server not recognizing that VScan 8.7 was already installed on these systems.  Our deployment policy is enforced every 5 minutes, so every 5 minutes the ePO server was reinstalling VScan 8.7 on these servers.  There were a few cases where my network admin showed me graphs of 9 and 10GB's of traffic moving between the ePO server and one system in a one day period.  Each of these 10 systems were running Windows 7, and none of them successfully upgraded to patch 4 during the deployment from the ePO server.  Half of the systems with this issue were located in one remote office, so I asked some technicians there to manually install patch 4 on the systems.  After manually installing patch 4 on the 5 systems in their office, the bandwidth/ePO network traffic issue for those systems was gone, and their McAfee Agent Logs no longer showed VScan 8.7 being deployed at every policy enforcement.  I've done a lot of searching on line and checked the Read Me notes with Patch 4, and have yet to see any mention of this problem.  Has anyone else experienced this issue?