Please clarify the following:
1. What type of internet connection you are using?
2. What is your default web browser (mention version details)?
3. How long you have McAfee installed in your computer?
4. Do you have any other security programs installed in your computer?
While you are answering those clear up your browser temp0 files and retry.
1. Highspeed cable
3. 2 weeks
4. McAfee is the only security program installed right now
We have seen these type of issues occurring either due to a different security software that blocks the update or a improper/fluctuating internet connection.
1.Please make sure that your system doesnt contain any remnants of a different security software that we have seen mostly to cause this issue.
2. Please click on start - then click Run -type the following command and press OK - %SystemRoot%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
3. Make sure that the file that opens up looks like the one below;
# Copyright (c) 1998 Microsoft Corp.
# This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP stack for
# This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
# entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
# be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
# The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
# Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
# lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.
# For example:
# 18.104.22.168 rhino.acme.com # source server
# 22.214.171.124 x.acme.com # x client host
4.. any additional entries below this can be deleted and save the host file.
5. Click on Start - click on Run and type - cmd and press OK
6.In the command prompt window, please type - downlaod.mcafee.com and let me know if it gives a reply from the site or does it give a loop back address such as 127.0.0.1
McAfee Online Community Moderator