3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 9, 2010 7:05 AM by chall

How to create a report

chall

Good afternoon,

I have run an on demand scan of two workstations and need to see the results without getting on the workstations. I tried to browse to the workstations via administrative shares and search for the report name, but it was not found. I accepted teh defaults when set the task in ePO 4. Can someone tell me how to create a report for these PCs?

Thanks,

Chris

• 1. Re: How to create a report
          JoeBidgood

I don't think this is possible, I'm afraid - the detailed results of an on-demand scan are not passed back to ePO, only the events (e.g. threat detected, scan started, scan stopped, that sort of thing.)

Sorry

Regards -

Joe

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: How to create a report
            jeffreychirino

chall wrote:

Good afternoon,

I have run an on demand scan of two workstations and need to see the results without getting on the workstations. I tried to browse to the workstations via administrative shares and search for the report name, but it was not found. I accepted teh defaults when set the task in ePO 4. Can someone tell me how to create a report for these PCs?

Thanks,

Chris

"I tried to browse to the workstations via administrative shares and search for the report name, but it was not found."

You should always be able to view the results from a remote machine if you can access the C$ share.

Windows 7 stores the OnDemandScanLog here: C:\ProgramData\McAfee\DesktopProtection\

Windows XP stores it here: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\McAfee\DesktopProtection\

If the OnDemandScanLog.txt is not shown in these locations, the on-demand scan did not run.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: How to create a report
              chall

Thanks for the replies.