5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 8, 2010 5:49 AM by PhilR

4.5 agent patch 1 issues

krmason

Does anyone know where I can get the original 4.5 agent, 1270.  Ever since I installed the patch 1, I can not get my superagent repositories to work.  I looked on the mcafee site, but they have removed all older versions of the agent.

Ken Mason

• 1. Re: 4.5 agent patch 1 issues
          Tristan

I have a copy of the 1270 zip.

But forums attachment size is too low.

P.S. Can any McAfee peeps confirm that it's Ok to pass on such files?

• 2. Re: 4.5 agent patch 1 issues
            wwarren

It's not OK.

If older releases are needed they should be sought from McAfee Support or McAfee Sales.

• 3. Re: 4.5 agent patch 1 issues
              krmason

Its ok, I was just hoping someone knew of a place on the mcafee website where they keep their old versions.  Unfortunately, its not something that McAfee thinks about.

• 4. Re: 4.5 agent patch 1 issues
                wwarren

To the contrary, we purposefully hide older packages having given it much thought.

I'm sure people can see the wisdom in only making available the latest code we have to offer.

• 5. Re: 4.5 agent patch 1 issues
                  PhilR

Well, it would be wise if

a) you didn't keep releasing major new bugs with each update.

b) your QA process actually worked.  It doesn't.  All it seems to do is add another month's delay until fixes are available.

Dear McAfee, please release often, when fixes are available, not according to some arbitrary schedule.

And shorten your internal QA cycle from a month to a week.  You might as well, as the current process isn't stopping buggy software being released to customers.  If you shorten the cycle, you'll get the fixed fixes out there faster and make your customers happier.

Message was edited by: PhilR on 08/11/10 05:49:07 CST

Message was edited by: PhilR on 08/11/10 05:49:50 CST