6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 6, 2011 3:09 AM by Brooke

Large AvvScan.dat file

Brooke

Hi

My EPO sever has been complaining of lack of disk space and on further investigation I have noiced that the Avvscan.dat and Access_log files are over 1gb each. Is it possible to restrict the size of these files or delete them.

I am running EPO 4.5 with VSE 8.7i.

• 1. Re: Large AvvScan.dat file
          Brooke

Hi

I am still having problems with the large Avvscan.dat files on my EPO server and was wondering if anyone can help.

Thanks

Graham

• 2. Re: Large AvvScan.dat file

Hello Brooke,

Could you please provide the full path of the avv*dat and access_log in your ePO server?

Thanks,
            Bruno

• 3. Re: Large AvvScan.dat file

Also, which patch version is your EPO Server? From memory there was a bug in 4.5 P1 or 4.5 where it wouldn't automatically prune older dat files from the repository.

• 4. Re: Large AvvScan.dat file
                Brooke

bcaseiro wrote:

Hello Brooke,

Could you please provide the full path of the avv*dat and access_log in your ePO server?

Thanks,
                Bruno

The path of the avv*.dat files are

c:\program files\common files\mcafee\engine and c:\program files\common files\mcafee\engine\oldEngine

• 5. Re: Large AvvScan.dat file

Hello,

The issue mentioned by mjmurra happened on ePO 4.5 RTW (4.5 without any patches). It was fixed on ePO 4.5 Patch 1 (KB67585).

However, the issue here is different, it's something with VSE 8.7. Are you running VSE 8.7 Patch 4? Also do you have more machines with this syntom or it's happening only with a machine? If this is happening only with this machine is there something different regarding VSE install on this box?

Thanks,
                  Bruno

• 6. Re: Large AvvScan.dat file
                    Brooke

Hi Bruno

We are running EPO 4.5 patch 1 (Build 851) and VSE 8.7 Patch 4 with AntiSpyware 8.7. I have checked the other machines that have patch 4 installed and the avv*.dat files are also the same size.

What size should the avvscan.dat file be ?

Regards

Graham