8 Replies Latest reply on Nov 9, 2010 3:00 AM by abakali

MC Afee ePO 4.5.0 Server domain change problem

roaddog94469

Hello to everyone,

I am using Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard Edition SP2 with MC Afee ePO 4.5.0 (Build 753), round about 300 clients.

The ePO server need to change the domain, so the fqdn will be changed.

When I switch the server into new domain, no client can communicate with ePO.

New Agent handlers were created, nothing happens.

Windows-pings are working fine, ePO Console pings doesnt work, clients are "not managed".

No DNS, permission or database problems detected.

Please help me, thank you!

• 1. Re: MC Afee ePO 4.5.0 Server domain change problem
          JoeBidgood

This is a little strange - the agents do not use any form of Windows authentication to communicate with the server, so changing the domain should not affect this aspect of ePO.

Forgive the question, but are  we sure that ePO is functioning correctly? Check the server.log, epoapsrv.log and orion.log - are there any errors indicated?

Thanks -

Joe

• 2. Re: MC Afee ePO 4.5.0 Server domain change problem

Hi roaddog94469

Can you just clarifiy that you have only moved to another Domain and that the server IP Address hasn't changed just the FQDN.

Regards,

Ian

• 3. Re: MC Afee ePO 4.5.0 Server domain change problem
              roaddog94469

mc afee is working fine until the domain has been changed. The IP adress is the same, only the fqdn has been changed.

server.log errors:

#5684 NAIMSRV Failed to connect to xxxxxxxx:8081, network error was 10061

epoapsvr.log:

20101026062639 I #3568 SIM_InetMgr Session 1 ended, result=1

20101026062639 I #3568 SiteMgr GeneralInetRequestThreadProc: GeneralInetRequest thread ended

20101026062639 x #3568 SiteMgr SiteMgr main control final release...

20101026062639 I #3568 SiteMgrWrap Created instance of Site Manager

20101026062639 I #3568 SiteMgr SetEPOMode: SiteMgr enter ePO mode, server=xxxxxx (still the old DNS name), port=8443, EPOUser=, Password=********

20101026062639 I #3568 SiteMgr DALInit: Connected to DAL successful

20101026062639 I #3568 SiteMgr SetEPOMode: Set ePO mode successful

orion.log

2010-10-25 15:11:54,042 ERROR [pool-6-thread-1] daemon.AvertService  - Exception while executing the AvertAlerts command

com.mcafee.orion.core.cmd.CommandException: POST Command got unexpected HTTP Status:500

at com.mcafee.orion.core.cmd.CommandInvoker.invoke(CommandInvoker.java:862)

at com.mcafee.orion.core.cmd.CommandInvoker.invokeCommand(CommandInvoker.java:607)

at com.mcafee.orion.core.cmd.CommandInvoker.invoke(CommandInvoker.java:596)

at com.mcafee.orion.core.cmd.CommandInvoker.invoke(CommandInvoker.java:482)

at com.mcafee.orion.core.cmd.CommandInvoker.invoke(CommandInvoker.java:457)

at com.mcafee.orion.core.cmd.CommandInvoker.invoke(CommandInvoker.java:624)

at com.mcafee.orion.core.cmd.CommandInvoker.invoke(CommandInvoker.java:632)

at com.mcafee.epo.avertalerts.daemon.AvertService$AvertDaemon.run(AvertService.jav a:95)

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:441)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRunAndReset(FutureTask.java:317)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:150)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$101 (ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:98)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.runPeriodi c(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:181)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(Schedu ledThreadPoolExecutor.java:205)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java: 886)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Caused by: java.io.IOException: POST Command got unexpected HTTP Status:500

at com.mcafee.epo.avertalerts.myavert.AvertAlertsClient.sendSoapRequest(AvertAlert sClient.java:111)

at com.mcafee.epo.avertalerts.myavert.AvertAlertsClient.getReport(AvertAlertsClien t.java:143)

at com.mcafee.epo.avertalerts.myavert.AvertAlertsClient.getReportByName(AvertAlert sClient.java:204)

at com.mcafee.epo.avertalerts.command.AvertWebService.invoke(AvertWebService.java: 85)

at com.mcafee.orion.core.cmd.CommandInvoker.invoke(CommandInvoker.java:825)

• 4. Re: MC Afee ePO 4.5.0 Server domain change problem
                JoeBidgood

Okay, unusual...  check the agent log on the client machines: are there any errors that indicate a failure to communicate?

Thanks -

Joe

• 5. Re: MC Afee ePO 4.5.0 Server domain change problem
                  roaddog94469

the agent logfile on the client says " cannot communicate with epo server".

I did a rollback to the old domain with the epo server now, because i need updates and new clients

• 7. Re: MC Afee ePO 4.5.0 Server domain change problem

Just as a temporary work around I would add the old FQDN entry into the servers host file. This will at least allow the epo server to find it self when it is restarted.

The epo agent should be fine because they will still contact the server on its IP Address anyway.

Regards,

Ian

• 8. Re: MC Afee ePO 4.5.0 Server domain change problem
                      abakali

Good idea ! you can also create this DNS entry in your server and point with New FDQN IP. Ones they connected they get new policy