4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 2, 2010 1:58 PM by bc24

A couple of issues

I have a couple of issues that I can't seem to find the answers to in the KB.

I have one machine that has been encrypted successfully but it still reports it's status as unknown to EPO. Any ideas how I can fix that? Note: The user is on vacation and they have not logged into the encryption software yet. I usually see that the HD is encrypted before anyone logs in to the encryption software though.

I also have two machines where all the software has been deployed, but the EE Agent keeps crashing. I would like to uninstall the McAfee agent, EE Encryption Agent and EE Software and just start again, the software doesn't show up in Add/Remove Programs. I found an article on how to remove the McAfee Agent but nothing concrete for the other two. Can someone steer me in the right direction? Note: These machines have not had the HD encrypted yet, the process never starts.

That brings me to my last issue, sometimes machines simply won't start to encrypt. I can't figure out any rhyme or reason to it, all my machines are in the same AD container, and have the same policies applied to them in EPO, they just simply won't start encrypting. I can do the process to 5 machines and 4 of them work just fine and one just won't start.

Any advice/suggestions?

• 1. Re: A couple of issues
          kink80

I have one machine that has been encrypted successfully but it still reports it's status as unknown to EPO. Any ideas how I can fix that? Note: The user is on vacation and they have not logged into the encryption software yet. I usually see that the HD is encrypted before anyone logs in to the encryption software though.

This may be part of the known issue in version 6.0.1 that EPO does not report the Endpoint Encryption status correctly. This is supposed to be resolved with 6.0.2.

I also have two machines where all the software has been deployed, but the EE Agent keeps crashing. I would like to uninstall the McAfee agent, EE Encryption Agent and EE Software and just start again, the software doesn't show up in Add/Remove Programs. I found an article on how to remove the McAfee Agent but nothing concrete for the other two. Can someone steer me in the right direction? Note: These machines have not had the HD encrypted yet, the process never starts.

I am not really sure on this one. I do know that if you want to remove the Endpoint Encryption Agent and Endpoint Encryption for PC that you need to use the EPO server to remove it or the EE Tech disk. These products are designed not to show up in the Add/Remove products.

That brings me to my last issue, sometimes machines simply won't start to encrypt. I can't figure out any rhyme or reason to it, all my machines are in the same AD container, and have the same policies applied to them in EPO, they just simply won't start encrypting. I can do the process to 5 machines and 4 of them work just fine and one just won't start.

Again I am not sure on this one either. It could be any number of things.

• 2. Re: A couple of issues

I would start by checking KB articles that are relevant to v6 and issues you observed.

• 3. Re: A couple of issues
              kink80

I know that the first issue about not reporting the Endpoint Encryption status correctly does not appear in the public facing Knowledgebase but I have been told by McAfee support that they are aware of this issue and have it listed as a known issue that is fixed with 6.0.2.

• 4. Re: A couple of issues

Thanks both for your input. I think I found what I need for the removal of the Endpoint Encryption PC

here https://kc.mcafee.com/resources/sites/MCAFEE/content/live/PRODUCT_DOCUMENTATION/ 22000/PD22560/en_US/eepc_601_product_guide_en-us.pdf

The guide doesn't seem to mention the steps for removing the Endpoint Encryption Agent. Anyone know where I can find that? I did search the KB, and I couldn't really find the steps for that.