3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 11, 2010 5:55 PM by ajsullivan

Size of Organisation that use Total Protection Service

Hi

Could you let me know what size of orgainisation is the Total Proection Service design for? We have 800 PCs plus 30 or so servers and currently run a inhouse Symantec setup thats needs upgrading. The idea of a hosted solution appeals but not sure if we are to large for this solution.

Thanks

• 1. Re: Size of Organisation that use Total Protection Service

I don't now the max size is, but I am using for 4000 workstation and 120 server which geographically spread and connected through lan & wan (some even using connection  vsat 256kbps).

• 2. Re: Size of Organisation that use Total Protection Service
            rengaraj

Hi,

I have read your post.

The Total Protection Service also known as McAfee SaaS Endpoint Protection software can support up to 1000 computers.

Though we have customers who have more than 5000 licenses for the McAfee SaaS Endpoint Protection.

So, the McAfee SaaS Endpoint Protection can easily support the 800 PC's and also the 30 servers that you have in your organization.

Please make sure you go through the Operating System Compatibility list when you try to install the McAfee software.

Please open the page http://kc.mcafee.com and in the search bar type in KB60533 and hit enter. You shall get the compatibility list for the McAfee software with different OS.

Thank you.

Regards.

• 3. Re: Size of Organisation that use Total Protection Service

Hi and thanks for commenting.  I am a Product Manager in the Security-as-a-Service group.

Rengaraj is correct - we have many customers with hundreds or thousands of computers under management by SaaS Endpoint Protection (formerly Total Protection Service).  In addition, we recently introduced an Active Directory Sync feature that may make it even easier for you to protect all of your systems.

If you do go ahead with this product, please provide your feedback on usability and performance - we are always interested in hearing how our customers use our products and how we can do better.

Thanks!

Andrew Sullivan

McAfee