2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 11, 2010 7:53 AM by Hayton

Misdiagnosis!!!

AnyUCC is not Suspect program!

Only Stream file downloader.

You see so many users are affected.

Hurry up, Fix.

AnyUCC Status

; http://www.virustotal.com/file-scan/report.html?id=424a0daf4bb3a54f57ed8436ebb00 aa871cd136c437cafcba6368f17e64c5b91-1281931627

AnyUCC Download URL

File removed for security reasons......Moderator.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 11/11/10 9:05:31 EST AM
        • 1. Re: Misdiagnosis!!!
          Hayton

Can someone more experienced take this one up please?

No-one's replied in over a week, so I went to Google AnYuCC to see what the problem might be. There is a site, anyucc.com, which has a grey SiteAdvisor rating and no reviews. Many of the Google results were for Chinese-language sites, but the anyucc site has this description of the product :

"AnyUCCis a sweet tool that lets you download any youtube video in various video or audio formats such as MP3, MP4, FLV for free. ( wav, avi, wmv, mov, mpg, ..."

The VirusTotal analysis of the anyucc download shows that McAfee, Comodo, Authentium, F-Prot, Sophos and Symantec all mark the .exe as suspect (see screenshot). I do not intend to download and check it myself.

Perhaps this thread should be moved and answered elsewhere.

• 2. Re: Misdiagnosis!!!
            exbrit

I moved this provisionally from Community Feedback to Artemis Discussion as a more appropriate spot.

Any false findings should be submitted as per this:  https://community.mcafee.com/thread/2016

But as Hayton has kindly stated, it's not just McAfee that is finding fault so good luck, perhaps the makers of the application offer some ideas?

Perhaps a solution has already been found as this post is almost 2 weeks old I noticed.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 11/11/10 9:06:06 EST AM