1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 17, 2010 8:00 AM by Dinz

dat file rolled back

On 10/30/2010 (yesterday) I was at dat 6151 the one from the previous day, so did a manual check for updates, as I was wanting to shut down the computer for the day. It downloaded dat 6152. Shortly before I was ready to shut down, McAfee started downloading something... I checked and it was a dat file..when finished it had rolled me back to dat 6151. I did another manual check for updates and it downloaded dat file 6152 and it is staying steady now at dat 6152 with no more roll-backs.

Can anyone tell me why I had a roll back from McAfee?  Made me wonder if what occured in April-May might be going on again. I'm not running a scan until I figure out if dat 6152 is safe.

• 1. Re: dat file rolled back
          Dinz

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed response. At McAfee we make sure that the DAT files that are released are complelety tested under multiple environments to make sure that it covers almost all the possible found malware and other suspicious files that could harm computers. Please be informed that our research technicians here at McAfee labs spend most time and effort in evaluating and testing files before they are sent out. So, be sure to install the latest DAT regularly and scan your computer so as the system stays secure and free from viruses or other harmful elements that are found over the internet. Please feel free to get back to us for any information regarding your McAfee product.

Regards,

Dinesh K

McAfee Online Community Moderator