Please try this workaround and let me know your results.
- Open your McAfee product by clicking the M icon on the desktop or near the system clock.
- Click Navigation in the top right corner
- Under Settings, Click General Settings and Alerts
- Expand the Access Protection drawer and uncheck Use Access Protection
- Click Apply
- Restart your computer
- Enable back the Access Protection
I am also having this problem, but I'm hesitant to disable/enable access protection, as proposed by Aldrin. Has anyone tried this and found it successful.
It's hard to believe McAfee doesn't provide a more obvious way to turn off advertisement pop-ups.