7 Replies Latest reply on Oct 29, 2010 9:19 AM by barrymcnally

Agent tray not loaded

gizmagis

Does anybody have problems with showing (or loading) McAfee agent tray icon in bottom right corner ? Sometimes this icon is not loaded at logon, however instead of agent icon, a virusscan enterprise icon is loaded.

The issue is randomly generated on randomly selected computers

Any suggestions ?

Regards,

Gregor

• 1. Re: Agent tray not loaded
          JoeBidgood

This will happen if you're accessing the machine via remote desktop. It also affects some 64bit systems - check the knowledge base for details relating to your agent version.

HTH -

Joe

• 2. Re: Agent tray not loaded
            gizmagis

Thanks Joe !

That's right, it happens only if I connect to a remote machine thrue Remote Desktop. I didn't figure it out because I was accessing sometimes machines with hyperv GUI (which works fine) or admin console (Remote Desktop) - which sometimes worked, sometimes not.

Thank you !

Gregor

• 3. Re: Agent tray not loaded
              JoeBidgood

No problem - glad it was that easy

Regards -

Joe

• 4. Re: Agent tray not loaded
                kink80

So if you connect to a workstation via RDP and login to windows should the mctray.exe program be running at all or is it just not visible? Thanks in advance.

• 5. Re: Agent tray not loaded
                  gizmagis

The service is running, however the tray is not there I also tried to start the tray again and after 2-3 second it disappears again. Instead of it, a virusscan icon is present. On workstations this is not a problem but on servers it is (for me), cause to all I am connecting thrue RDP.

• 6. Re: Agent tray not loaded
                    kink80

In my case when I RDP to a machine running Windows XP Pro SP3 I don't even see the mctray.exe running as a process. If I click "Update Now" on the VSE systray icon it starts mctray.exe and I can see the "M" shield icon. I just wanted to know if this is the way it is supposed to be running or if I have a problem. Thanks.

• 7. Re: Agent tray not loaded

We have an issue with Windows 7 installing Epo Agent 4.5 patch 3 via framepkg.exe but the Red M is not being displayed in the system tray.

The only way round it is for me to login with the built in administrator account and goto a command prompt and run cmdagen /s. Then Enforce New Policies. It then appears and EPO server picks up that it's a Windows 7 machine. I have noticed that none of our admin accounts apart from built in local one has any rights to run CMDAgent.