3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 28, 2010 8:44 AM by srajagopalan

Having a problem with my online back for McAfee 2011

carol-anne

Hi

I recently renewed my McAfee for 3pc's.(2011)it has a feature called online backup,which is great,butnow I am having problems with internet explorer .I get a message that internet explorer is not responding.this just happened since activating online backup.I have read FAQ but to avail cannot find anuthing about my problem?I tried on line chatting but since internet explorer is not responding I can not chat with them .lol i'm starting to get alittle frustrated ,I have been working at this for 3 days ..Please is there any advise on how to handle this

• 1. Re: Having a problem with my online back for McAfee 2011

Sorry for the inconvenience caused, at the same time there were no incompatibility issues reported with Online Backup and Internet Explorer. Have you tried to reset the Internet Explorer and checked the status?

• 2. Re: Having a problem with my online back for McAfee 2011

Hi carol-anne,

Could you please tell me Which Operating system you are using ? What is the Version of Internet Explorer ?

You can Try Reset your Internet Explorer settings to its defaults (Screen shots provided below), and Check whether its working.

• To Reset the Internet Explorer , Click on Start ---> Run Type "inetcpl.cpl" without quotes, and hit Enter. or open the Control Panel and look for internet options.
            • Internet Explorer Properties windows will be opened.
            • Click on Advanced tab , at the very bottom click on reset.
            • On the Reset Window, Click on Reset button. (if you need to delete historys,cookies etc.. put check mark on "Delete Personal Settings")

c00866084.gifIE8_master_reset_2.JPG

Thanks & Regards,

Raja Gopalan . S

• 3. Re: Having a problem with my online back for McAfee 2011

Hi Carol,

I have received your mail, IE9 beta its not compatible with McAfee. So you need to uninstall the IE9 beta, from Programs & Features.

You have to look at Installed updates and remove Windows Internet Explorer 9 .

step1.jpgCapture1.JPG

Thanks & Regards,

Raja Gopalan . S