Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
18030 Views 30 Replies Latest reply: Dec 29, 2011 3:19 PM by michaelp77 RSS 1 2 3 4 Previous Next
frustrated_user Newcomer 14 posts since
Oct 27, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 27, 2010 12:57 AM

Mcafee virus scan gets stuck in a file and never completes the scan.

When I click on skip button, it does nothing. I uninstalled and reinstalled Mcafee, but it's still doing the same thing. I can run MD5 on it and get correct check sum, so the file is not corrupt and other software is able to read it ok. I moved the file to different hard drive and copied it back, but it's still getting stuck. Since I got Mcafee, I was never able to do a full scan because it gets stuck.

Mcafee support chat told me to contact the vendor to correct this. But this is silly. I wouldn't call Mcafee because Microsoft notepad fails to read a file. Virus software not able to scan a file that is readable by all other software seems to be the problem of the virus scan software. Talk about shifting the blame the wrong way!

I'm running windows 7 home premium 64 bit. In one of the links, there was recommendation to get the latest DAT here

http://www.mcafee.com/apps/downloads/security_updates/dat.asp

But it does not install. It says "Error: Unable to find any qualifying Mcafee product(s)."

What gives? How do I make it run a full scan? Any help in getting it working is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

1 2 3 4 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points