1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 26, 2010 9:44 AM by Aldrin

Won't Scan Similar Issues

I'm using Google Crome as my browser in Windows Vista.  On Saturday the 23rd of October when i tried to run a quick or full scan, Mcafee is able to scan 4 files until it gets hung up on Windows/system32/smss.exe.  The scan stops here and after several minutes displays "An unexpected problem occured during your scan.  Please click OK to go back to the Home page and try running your scan again,"  upon which the process repeats itself.  When I run McAfee Virtual Technician it reports no problems found.  The session ID from my latest Virtual Technician run is 28496451. 

The links to my problem log and diagnostic details are here:

file:///C:/Users/Dr.%20Wendt/Desktop/MVTHealthCheck_Deviation.html

file:///C:/Users/Dr.%20Wendt/Desktop/MVTHealthCheck.html

Any help so that I can continue to run real time and scheduled scans will be of great aid.

Thanks

• 1. Re: Won't Scan Similar Issues

smss.exe, is a component of the Microsoft Windows NT operating system and successor operating systems. It is executed during the startup process of Windows operating system

Please try the following and update us on the status:

1.    Make Internet Explorer as your default browser

2.    Check for Windows Update – make sure you install all the available priority and required optional updates

3.    If you have any other security software installed please remove them reboot the computer

4.    Try performing a scan