4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 24, 2010 12:33 PM by techrumy

Mcafee Security Center no longer operating

The problem I am experiencing is fairly recent. After receiving an update from firefox (I am assuming, I am a university student so I just clicked yes and left for class) I could no longer access my browser. After checking my network connection I realized it must have something to do with the firewall, which is when the floodgates open. Going onto my Mcafee security center it says my firewall is on, yet when I go to settings all of my options are grey. When I click turn on it immediately cycles back to where it was and I am still not able to allow programs. I even attempt to scan my computer for viruses and receive an error message. Luckily for some reason my internet explorer browser still works.

At this point I was more than a little frustrated. I went on to the Mcafee website and attempt to get in contact with the online support only to be denied access because it was stuck detecting my product. The only plausible alternative I saw was the paid support, which only infuriated me that I was essentially being coralled into shelling out more money for suport.

So here I am requesting any viable support options. Thanks to any responders!