1 of 1 people found this helpful
Typically, McAfee Personal Firewall will prompt you to accept or refuse an application's attempt to access the Internet. If an application does not have a rule allowing it to access the Internet, your Personal Firewall will block the application to protect your computer, please check whether Google chrome has been given full access in your program permission list;
- Double-click the M icon in your taskbar.
- Select Internet & Network, then click Configure on the right.
- In the section titled Firewall protection is enabled, click Advanced.
- Select Program Permissions from the Home list on the left. - Check if Google chrome is been added
- Click the Add Allowed Program button on the right.
- Use Windows Explorer to browse and locate your application .exe.
- Click OK and close SecurityCenter.
McAfee Online Community Moderator
Thanks, Dinesh, I figured out, it's not harmful to allow Google Chrome to access the internet, if not the browser wouldn't work. I was just being careful in case any trojan/virus was behind this.
Well said. . .. Please get back if you have any other issues and we will dive inn with our answers