2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 22, 2010 12:22 PM by khume

Setting up Agent Handler in the DMZ

I have setup an Agent Handler in the DMZ but that is as far as I got.  I have numerous questions.  Is there a document with precise steps for doing this?  What I found in the ePO product guide or the Agent handler white paper doesn't answer these questions.

How do I set up this AH to be a repository, are there extra steps because it is in a DMZ?

In setting up the AH in the console, under Agent Criteria do I select from the System Tree or do I enter an IP address in the DMZ?

How do I get the machines outside of our network to find the AH?

I know these are basic questions but I've only been working in ePO for a couple of months and can use all the help I can get!  thanks.

• 1. Re: Setting up Agent Handler in the DMZ

>> How do I set up this AH to be a repository, are there extra steps because it is in a DMZ?

No. It's a repo on demand (download content from ePO as requested by Agents) among other things by default.

>> In  setting up the AH in the console, under Agent Criteria do I select from  the System Tree or do I enter an IP address in the DMZ?

You can use either or both.

>> How do I get the machines outside of our network to find the AH?

Deploy the Framepkg.exe which will contain details of all AHs including ePO AH. The Agent will try to reach them all before it settles for one. You can explicitly assigned it to an AH (or AHs) from ePO.

HTH,

-- R

on 10/22/10 3:20:59 AM CDT
          1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Setting up Agent Handler in the DMZ

Thank you. this is the path I started to take and was looking for confirmation.