1 2 Previous Next 14 Replies Latest reply on Oct 28, 2010 1:54 PM by Aldrin Branched to a new discussion.

I need this annoying pop-up to go away

I can not get this pop-up to go away.  Have restarted several times.  When I look for the program it comes up with another error and says "Updates for your McAfee products were installed.  Restart your PC to complete the update."  which does not work.  We need a fix for this, I am uninstalling and reinstalling and putting my computer at risk for viruses.  When will the fix be coming.  It is SO annoying.

• 1. Re: I need this annoying pop-up to go away
          Dinz

Hi,

Could you please provide more information as;

What is the operating system of the computer ?
          What is the browser you use ? (Internet explorer/Firefox)
          How old is the computer ?
          Check and install the available windows update and check the status.

Regards,

Dinesh K

McAfee Online Community Moderator

• 2. Re: I need this annoying pop-up to go away

The computer is less than a year old and the operating system is Windows 7 Home Premium.

We use explorer for internet.

It says the "system updated" so there is nothing to install.

Again it says to restart and we have done THAT multiple times.

Need a solution.

• 3. Re: I need this annoying pop-up to go away

Did we recently make any changes in the computer like System Restore? Also let us know the DAT version details of the McAfee programs

• 4. Re: I need this annoying pop-up to go away

No system restore done.

Where do I find the DAT info??  When I try to select McAfee, the error message comes up so I can't get into it.

• 5. Re: I need this annoying pop-up to go away

You shall find them over here (as per screencaps)

• 6. Re: I need this annoying pop-up to go away

Can't get to those screens because as I said it comes up with the second window stating:

"Updates for your McAfee products were installed.  Restart your PC to complete the update."

It is a loop or something and can't get out!

We did all of our updates on the computer and it is still coming up.

It is a glitch that needs a patch.  Probably related to one of the most updates from McAfee.

Really running out options here.

• 7. Re: I need this annoying pop-up to go away

I have the same problem as jturc74 and similar system by the sounds of things

Here are my details:

• Windows 7 Home Premium
                      • Mostly using Firefox v 3.6.11; sometimes IE8 v 8.0.7600.16385
                      • Computer is about a year old
                      • tonight have confirmed all important and optional updates installed successfully (except Windows Live) with Windows Update

No recent system restore, though Windows 7 is fairly recent (maybe month ago).  However, I do think the problem with Total Protection is more recent (maybe a week or so).

Like jtruc74, I cannot open Total Protection.  I can see from Control Panel, Total Protection was installed on 18/10/2010; version 10.5.204.

Not sure if I am looking in the right place, but I can see a folder called "6140.0" under "Program Files\McAfee\VirusScan\Dat" ... and the date  modified on the folder is 18/10/2010

I suppose it is possible that all this started on the 18th, can't honestly say.

Only other thing I can think to add: I also have McAfee Security Scan Plus which does a very quick scan and says computer is secure ... I'd believe it if I could run a full system scan.

Thanks for any help,

Shelley

• 8. Re: I need this annoying pop-up to go away

FYI -- the top of this page implies there is a possible answer for this ... I have searched and cannot find it ... any help appreciated

• 9. Re: I need this annoying pop-up to go away

In this case, you can click on the Useful Links on the top of this page, run the Removal Tool for McAfee (MCPR), reboot the computer and reinstall them from your McAfee account, that should help you...

1 2 Previous Next