2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 12, 2010 7:49 AM by harris_s

Deploying Adaptive Firewall to test group (defined by tags)

harris_s

I have a test group of users which currently have IPS installed.  I'm now ready to implement the firewall to them in adapive mode.  The test group have been defined by tags in ePO.  Installing IPS was easy enough as I just created a deployment task.

Does anyone know if it's possible to configure the firewall in adaptive mode for this test group?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• 1. Re: Deploying Adaptive Firewall to test group (defined by tags)
          Spork

Harris_s,

Two possible ways of implementing this would be to display all devices with the Tag that you created for test by going to Menu > Systems > Tag Catalog and then selecting the name that you called the Tag and Select "Systems with tag:". This will list all device that have that particular Tag. The next step would be to select "All Rows" and then select Actions > Agent > Set Policy & Inheritance. You will then be able to assign the new test group policy from there.

The other method would be to create a query looking for devices that have the Tag you created. Then create a Server Task that has the action of "Run Query" and has Sub-Actions to Assign Policy using the special Adaptive policy that you have. Schedule the Server task to run at your desired frequency and you basically have a automated way of applying that policy to any device as long as you apply the Tag to the device.

I hope this helps.

David

• 2. Re: Deploying Adaptive Firewall to test group (defined by tags)
            harris_s

Spot on!  Many thanks for your prompt help