1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 11, 2010 11:54 PM by vinoo

Viruses: How do I remove Mal/TDSSConf-A and Mal/JavaKC-G viruses ?

Hi. The above 2 viruses managed to get by McAfee Total Protection. I believe one of them is for remote Access to my computer. The MTP did NOT find it when it came in, nor did a scan find it. I had to use a Webroot System Analyzer to find them. We thought McAfee had changed it;'s ways for the better, by writing more virus ID's and writing better software. They did not stop these not other Spyware.

I went to their site http://service.mcafee.com to look for the FREE scan link. I called them & was told to go there. I could NOT find such a link!!!! Talk about UPSET !!!!!~

After several calls for support, they finally told me I had to pay $89.95 for a removal technician to access my computer & keyboard/mouse to find it & remove it. Well, after paying a high price for the 3 machine software last month, now they want me to pay for their software error/ommission. That is rediculous! I already paid for their software to stop & remove threats like this. I will call corporate tomorrow. The tech told me someone will call me within 24 hours. Ya, right.

I will give them the opportunity to remove these viruses. My only recourse is to call the Federal Trade Commission about them refusing to make this right. They sold us on the idea this software will find, stop & remove such threats-THEY DID NOT!

How do I remove these viruses? Can anyone oput there help us? I cannot do any work without the computer running correctly. The only other thing I can do I guess, is to back up info & return the computer to the day it was sold-somehow. Thanks in advance.

Very Upset!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jim

Retired

• 1. Re: Viruses: How do I remove Mal/TDSSConf-A and Mal/JavaKC-G viruses ?
          vinoo

If you suspect you're infected and have trouble finding what is causing the infection, I'd suggest giving this handy tool a try.

"McAfee  GetSusp is intended for users who suspect undetected malware on their  system. By using a combination of clever heuristics and querying  McAfee's online database of known clean files to gather suspicious  files, GetSusp eliminates the user's need for deep technical knowledge  of computer systems to isolate undetected malware. McAfee GetSusp is  recommended as a tool of first choice when analyzing a suspect machine."

Get it from here: https://community.mcafee.com/message/148081#148081

Once GetSusp identifies and collects the suspect files, post the logs here and we community members can help.