2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 11, 2010 1:44 PM by Spork RSS

Clearing Firewall Client Rules

Hi, I need to clear the Firewall Client Rules List from HOST IPS on the EPO Server, this list has grown so big it have reached 37, 000 Pages. I have tried removing the HIPS Extenssion from the server, yet when I reinstall it the list gets back again even before restoring our settings. Can someone please guide me on how can this list be cleared, unfortunatelly there is no delete option under Actions.

Thank You

• 1. Re: Clearing Firewall Client Rules
          Kary Tankink

The client rules can only be cleared by deleting them locally on the clients, and updating their node properties.  In the Firewall options policy, uncheck the "Retain client rules" option.  When the policy gets enforced on systems, it will clear away any local rules and enforce only what's in the ePO policy.

• 2. Re: Clearing Firewall Client Rules
            Spork

Another item worth while mentioning is if you have the "Enable adaptive mode (rules are learned automatically)" setting selected, you will just recreate the client side rules again. Then when the policy enforcement takes place the client side rules would be removed only to be re-learned again.

I hope this helps.

David