3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 12, 2010 7:06 AM by U4iA

BOC Dat 516 released for VSE

Over the weekend it appears the BOC Dat was updated by McAfee to version 516, so if BOC Updates are enabled in your environment, clients should be on the 516 version.

It would be nice if McAfee actually advised when BOC dats were going to be updated (via the standard inform mechanisms such as SNS), and/or provided a readme for the new BOC version. The ability to download the new BOC dat a few days before it goes into production would also be nice as it would enable testing.

(And yes, there have been SEVERAL cases of bugs being introduced (and fixed) in Boc Dat versions, so there is back-history to this and reasons why notification should occur)

• 1. Re: BOC Dat 516 released for VSE
          twenden

Does anyone know what McAfee has changed with this updated BOC 516. With over 2700 managed systems, we would like to know befoe pushing it out via EPO.

• 2. Re: BOC Dat 516 released for VSE

twenden wrote:

Does anyone know what McAfee has changed with this updated BOC 516. With over 2700 managed systems, we would like to know befoe pushing it out via EPO.

No idea - hence my post

That said, It's been rolled out to my 8.5 p6, 8.7 p2 fleet without any dramas today.

• 3. Re: BOC Dat 516 released for VSE

Today I saw an additional Access Protection Rule was added to the Policies called: Disable HCP URL's in Internet Explorer under Common Standard Protection (default is Report only). It seems that this rule makes sure that urls which use the vurnability of the Windows Help and Support Center (MS10-042) with hcp:// URL's are blocked in iexplore.exe, wmplayer.exe. I haven't seen anyother improvements. It doesn't resolve the problems with patch 4.