1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 9, 2010 12:42 PM by exbrit

installation of mcafee security scanplus 2010 takes time to install

I have a HP Compaq nx6320 laptop....my mcafee antivirus scanplus already expired, so removed it from add/remove programs of my pc, but when i remove it, it stops in the middle of its unistallation process....so i remove mcafee through MCPR.exe (removal tool). it was remove from the programs. but when i installed it using my cd..it runs smoothly from the start but when it installs the programs only SecurityCenter sucessfully installed,but when it's tme for viruscan to be installed...it keeps on processing but not installing.....i've waited for almost one day...but nothing happens...i have to install mcafee antivirus scan so that my computer will be protected...pls help....

• 1. Re: installation of mcafee security scanplus 2010 takes time to install
          exbrit

McAfee Security Scan Plus, if that is the exact name, is an activeX type program, an Internet Explorer add-on, that installs along with Adobe and some other software unless you uncheck the option and it merely points out what software you may need for security purposes.

Check if it is still listed in IE Tools/Manage Add-ons and if so disable it.

To delete an ActiveX control that you have installed, use the Add-on Manager. If  the add-on cannot be removed in Add-on Manager, you might be able to uninstall  it through Control Panel.

Did you reboot as soon as MCPR had finished and did it say software removed succesfully or not?

You could try running it again and this time try downloading the software form your online account.  If you registered your software previously you have an online account.

Click "My Account" at the top right here: http://home.mcafee.com/Default.aspx?culture=EN-PH

If that fails I suggest you contact Technical Support Chat via Useful Links at the top of this page.