1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 13, 2010 2:00 PM by Dinz

Security Center 10 is junk

Just received my auto update to Security Center 10.  Now, Virus Scan will not run.  It gives me a "unknow error has occured".

I tried the Virtual Tech, it tells me "No McAfee Products Found"

This is supposed to be better?  I also lost all my passwords that were in the password vault thingie. Quick Clean is gone.  Backup is gone.

Looking around this web site, and it looks like I could be in for a long night of removal and re-install, that may or may not correct my issue.

Why should I waste my time trying to get this junk to work?  I will be purchasing something else tomorrow.

• 1. Re: Security Center 10 is junk
          Dinz

Hello kxboy,

Sorry for your frustration, please be informed that we still have an option to recover the contents that were in your password vault after the upgrade. Please follow the steps here

Please provide us the following details about your computer so that would be helpful to us is assisting you with the scan error

What is the operating system of the computer?
          Do you have any other security software installed in the computer ?
          What is the default browser that you use ? (Internet explorer/Mozilla firefox/Any other )

Please get back to us with the above information , we are here to help you.

Regards,

Dinesh K

McAfee Online Community Moderator

on 10/13/10 1:00:31 PM GMT-06:00