3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 11, 2010 6:32 AM by Attila Polinger

policy catalog

canavas

I have a policy under VSE 8.5 that I need copied or duplicated in VSE 8.7. How do I get a copy of it in VSE 8.7? It is a policy for one of my servers that has been updated from VSE 8.5 to VSE 8.7.

thanks

Sharon

• 1. Re: policy catalog
          dolchy

After checking in the package for VSE 8.7i into the ePO Master Reopository, you can run the policy migration tool called ePOPolicyMigration.exe. This executable comes with the VSE 8.7i package and can only be run once on your ePO Server. See Release Notes for McAfee VirusScan Enterprise.

Message was edited by: Dolchand Charitar on 10/7/10 2:28:50 PM CDT
          • 2. Re: policy catalog
            canavas

Now i am confused.

Go to policy catalog, select VSE 8.5, server, access protection policies. I need to move the policie I created for one of my servers with special exceptions to VSE 8.7.

thanks

Message was edited by: canavas on 10/7/10 4:01:36 PM CDT
            • 3. Re: policy catalog
              Attila Polinger

Hi,

what Dolchard was suggesting is that when you have VirusScan 8.5 policies on your ePo server and you check-in virusScan 8.7 package and extensions on the same ePO server, then the ePolicyMigrationtool.exe is a way to copy VirusScan 8.5 settings to VirusScan 8.7 settings on database level (i.e. run this tool on the ePO server it copies database field values from one section of the database to another).

However if you have VirusScan 8.5 policies that you need to apply to VirusScan 8.7 policies to a different ePo server, then you probably need to export VirusScan policies on one ePO server and import them on the other.

Attila