5.0 and 6.5 are no longer supported. 6.5 was the last version of the product that supported SQL 2000. The FASL script delivery process uses commands that are only supported on SQL 2005. If you upgrade to SQL 2005 you shouldn't have any issues. This might be addressed in the next few weeks but I suggest running a supported version of the product.
I have sql2k5 sp2 and mvm7.
What other Foundstone components are running on the system where FSUpdate is being launched? Have you checked the FoundScanDBLog.txt for the specific error? You should get that information and open a Service Request with support.
For contact details:
- Go to: http://www.mcafee.com/us/about/contact/index.html
- Non-US customers - select your country from the list of Worldwide Offices.
Log in to the ServicePortal at: https://mysupport.mcafee.com:
- If you are a registered user, type your User Id and Password and click OK.
- If you are not a registered user, click New User and complete the required fields. Your password and login instructions will be emailed to you.
I also opened the SR yesterday. But i thought that, someone from community will help me faster than coleagues from official support
I am experiencing the same problem than you. Has it been solved ? If yes can you please help me and provide me your solution. Thank you a lot for your answer.
my problem is solved. There was 2 reasons of this situation:
1. do not use any special characters, or spaces in SQL UserName or Password (i used '-')
2. install 64-bit SMO Objects for SQL
Thank you so much Krzysztof ! It works perfectly well (SMO) !