3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 6, 2010 9:07 PM by obelicks

Removing agent

We are moving off of mcafee and while I was able to remove mcafee with the EPO using product deployment and the remove option, is there a way to remove the agent?  Right now all of the computers on site are running just the agent without the anti-virus, a real mess, and with more than 300 computers per technition not something I want to have done manually.  EPO 4.5 (build 851) agent 4.5.0.1270

on 10/6/10 10:42:19 AM CDT
        • 1. Re: Removing agent

If you delete a system from ePO (check it's checkbox in the System Tree, click Actions, Directory Management, Delete), it will ask you if you want to remove the agent.

Jay

• 2. Re: Removing agent

Is this schedualable?  Changes can not be made to the computers durring normal buisness hours, they can only be made 6 hours after close.  Also, if the WOL fails so the system is not powered on will it still be removed from the list or will the agent put itself back in the list next time it boots so I can repeat the next night?

• 3. Re: Removing agent

you can issue locally or remotely.. depends whichever suitable for your enviroments..

"C:\Program Files\McAfee\Common Framework\FrmInst.exe" /forceuninstall

OR

"C:\Program Files\Network Associates\Common Framework\FrmInst.exe" /forceuninstall