5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 11, 2010 1:59 PM by Dinz

Trouble installing Internet Security

Trying to help my dad (via telephone) with installing Internet Security on his machine.   He has presently the McAfee Viruscan Plus but we upgraded and got multiple licenses for Internet Security version.  But when he tries to install it on his machine, he keeps getting notified that it cannot install because javascript is not working correctly.

I've had him try the following:

first time

Click Start and select Run.

1. In the Run box, type CMD and click OK.
      2. In the command prompt, type REGSVR32 JSCRIPT.DLL and         press ENTER.
      3. Close the command prompt, reboot and then try to install DMsetup.exe again

Second time had him:

Click Start and select Run.

1. In the Run box, type CMD and click OK.
      2. In the command prompt, type REGSVR32 JSCRIPT.DLL and         press ENTER.
      3. After the confirmation message is displayed, type REGSVR32           VBSCRIPT.DLL and press ENTER.
      4. Close the command prompt

try to install DMsetup.exe again

I did not have him reboot on this second one but he is still getting the same error.

We've had no problem installing it on the other machines but his is the only one that can't seem to get beyond the Javascript error.

So far most of the searches I have come up with says the same thing as above, re-register the two dlls.

Does he need to unistall the old one before he can install the new one, unlike mom's which had no problem and uninstalled the old version itself.  Should he try it in safe mode?

He's running Windows XP on his pentium machine. Thanks.