3 Replies Latest reply on May 31, 2011 2:02 PM by pwolfe

Unable to add Rogue Sensor install deployment task to node

willsonlebig

Hi !

I have a problem to install RSD.

I get the message :Unable to add Rogue Sensor install deployment task to node "My Organization\..." because "My Organization\..." an Rogue Sensor install deployment task

I use EPO 4.5 ; Windows server  2003 R2 ; McAfee Agent 4.5

Do you I have an Idea?

• 1. Re: Unable to add Rogue Sensor install deployment task to node
          rackroyd

Do you have what the message says ?

Is there a Rogue Sensor deployment task configured at that level already ?

Rgds,

Rob

• 2. Re: Unable to add Rogue Sensor install deployment task to node
            willsonlebig

No there are no Rogue Sensor deployment task.

First,  I have manually selected a system and installed  Rogue Sensor.But until now no Rogue Sensor has been installed on those systems.

After when I tried to install again the Rogue Sensor,  I get the message : Unable to add Rogue Sensor install deployment task to node .....

• 3. Re: Unable to add Rogue Sensor install deployment task to node
              pwolfe

This is most likely due to the fact that the Task is already scheduled forthat specific machine. You can not create multiple RSS - Deployment Tasks permachine.

Also note that if you have this task created and you have for some reasondeleted the Rogue System Sensor - from the Repository it will not install. Thetask will never complete on the destination computer.

For me - I was able to locate the RSS installer / Package for check in here:

\Program Files\McAfee\ePolicyOrchestrator\Imports\Point_Products\SNOWCAP_2000.ZIP

the name: SNOWCAP_2000.ZIP - is misleading as this is the RSS Install /Package.

I checked the package in and re-updated the task - forced the update andfixed my issues.

This worked for me ...

I know this is an old thread - but i Hope it helps someone.

Message was edited by: pwolfe on 5/31/11 11:02:43 AM GMT-08:00