1. Upgrade SQL 2000 Database to SQL 2005
2. Install SQL 2005 latest Patch
3. Install ePO 4.0 Latest Patch
4. Simply Install 4.5 on same server
For further technical info read below link
have any consideration in the process for migrate epo 4.0 database from sql 2000 to sql 2005 express??, what is the impact, and if i want to hold the sql 2000 and the sql 2005 in the same server what is the procedure for move the databse from 2000 to 2005 without uninstall 2000?
Well I never experience to upgrade sql 2000 to sql 2005 check Microsoft documentation for this. But my suggestion to go with uninstall method its very simple.
do you suggest a backup and restore databases ePO_server DB??..
well, the procedure may be:
1. backup epo sql2000 actuall database and config files (disaster and recovery)
2. uninstall sql 2000
3 install sql 2005 express
4. prepare new setup from epo 4.0 with sql 2005
5. restore configurations files
6. restore epo database to sql 2005 express
7. star services
Well if you running mission critical server my recommendation take another fresh windows machine install ePO 4.0 with express, install ePO patch then restore old server files. See above my article for backup ePO files.