3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 7, 2010 6:04 PM by Dinz

Why & how does Antivirus get turn off, several times a day?

I am using Windows 7, McAfee Total Protection, and several times a day have been notifed that program is off  and need to open program and turn on.

Any idea's?!

• 1. Re: Why & how does Antivirus get turn off, several times a day?
          Dinz

Hello there,
          Could you please provide us with some more information about the issue;
          What is the exact error that you see in McAfee security center ?
          Do we have any other security software installed in the computer ?
          Did we make any recent changes to the computer like a system restore ?

Please run Mcafee virtual technician from here : http://mvt.mcafee.com and post us your session id .

Please get back to us with the above information and we will help you proceed further with this.

Thread move to Security center 2010 area

Regards,
          Dinesh K
          McAfee Online Community Moderator

Message was edited by: Dinz on 10/1/10 9:16:40 AM GMT-06:00
          • 2. Re: Why & how does Antivirus get turn off, several times a day?

Dinz,

I receive a message from McAfee Total Protection Icon, saying not protected. So I open program, window appears and I see red accent and not on. So I clicked on radio button to turn on. No restore or other security software loaded or active. I did run the program you requested, where do I find the ID #.

I ran it before this posting.

Thank you

Michael

• 3. Re: Why & how does Antivirus get turn off, several times a day?
              Dinz

Session id would be present to the right side of the MVT screen after it completes. Since you have not mentioned any specific errors from within your security center, could you please provide me with a screen shot of your security center (with the alert) so that we could proceed accordingly.

Thanks!!!!