1 of 1 people found this helpful
Please try the following:
* Open Internet Explorer> Click on Tools> Internet Options> Advanced> Click on Reset not Restore advanced settings (that would reset the Internet Explorer to its default settings) - Check the status
* If required uninstall Internet Explorer 8.0 from Control Panel> Programs and Features, so that it would de-grade the Internet Explorer to Internet Explorer 7.0 - Then try the websites
Let us know if the above helps you
Thanks for your feedback.
I have followed your recommendations and confirm that it solved one of the sites but not all. I have also tried various other options including removal of Mcafee and the problems remains.
The other peculiarlity is that when I ping the web-address I have a time-out repsonse but when accessessing from my Blackberry - the pages appear! It seems that McAfee is not the problem but do not know where now to start.
Thank you again for your input and guidance.
Well, this may occur in case if you have some Malware infections on your computer as well. However, please try the following:
1. Click on Start> Click on Run> Type CMD> Click on OK> Type IPCONFIG /FLUSHDNS> Hit Enter> Click on OK
2. Also click on Start> Click on Run> Type Drivers> Check whether you have any unwanted entries in the HOST file under 127.0.0.1 local host – If found delete it (I have enclosed the screenshot of the default host file herewith)
3. Open Internet Explorer> Click on Tools> Internet Options> Advanced> Click on Connections Tab> Click on LAN Settings>Make sure Proxy Server is not selected (if selected uncheck it)
4. You may also reboot the computer in Safe Mode with Networking and check the status
Hope this would help you
host.JPG 49.2 K