7 Replies Latest reply on Oct 2, 2010 2:10 AM by Scotsguy

Help

I have a program called Antispy  Safeguard on my windows vista it blocks my internet connection and some of Macafee functions how do I get rid of this ???

• 1. Re: Help
          Peter M

You will probably still be able to download in 'Safe Mode with Networking" reached by tapping F8 repeatedly while booting up, usually the second item on the ensuing menu.

Follow this tutorial:  http://www.whatthetech.com/2010/09/09/how-to-remove-antispy-safeguard/

• 2. Re: Help

I also see that if I download MALWAREBYTES' ANTI-MALWARE it will get rid of this ANTISPY SAFEGUARD for me is this a good program or am I making things worse I am new to internet and computers. please help

• 3. Re: Help
              Peter M

Malwarebytes is an excellent tool and it can be downloaded, installed and updated in 'Safe Mode with Networking' if necessary, if it's not possible to do it in regular mode.

Make sure it's the free version and update it before running.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Help

Thanks EX BRIT ,

I will try it this weekend I am having a few whiskeys just now and don't want to do any thing just now ,I am trusting you eh maybe you are the guy that sent me the program ha ha will let you know how it goes take care eh ..... Robert

• 5. Re: Help
                  Peter M

LOL...good luck.

• 6. Re: Help

Hi EX BRIT ,

Thanks for your advice , downloaded MBAM this morning ( I live in the Netherlands ) and got rid of 4 infected files and one program ANTISPY SAFEGUARD , so happy I know where to come now for advice if I could buy you a beer I would , Thanks

• 7. Re: Help
                      Peter M

Scotsguy wrote:

Hi EX BRIT ,

Thanks for your advice , downloaded MBAM this morning ( I live in the Netherlands ) and got rid of 4 infected files and one program ANTISPY SAFEGUARD , so happy I know where to come now for advice if I could buy you a beer I would , Thanks

That's great and thanks for the offer of a beer....;-)   All the best.