3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 1, 2010 12:03 AM by Aldrin

Last Update Incompatible with Display Driver

During the last update (around 9/29/2010), upon restarting my system, my Sony Vaio laptop display began having random issues with the screen turning blue, than pink, than purple, than normal and back to pink or one of the other colors.  I did a System Restore back to before that upgrade and now my system is perfectly running.  I will be uninstalling McAfee unless there is a fix for this.

• 1. Re: Last Update Incompatible with Display Driver

Sorry to inform you that, there were no such incompatible issues reported with Display Drivers after installing McAfee. However, it would be great if you could let us know the (manufacturer/version) details of your computer's display adapter. In addition to that, try to reinstall McAfee and let us know if it causes the same issue again

• 2. Re: Last Update Incompatible with Display Driver

Actually, now it appears the driver conflict may be with the most recent 'update' for Windows Vista.  If I roll my system back to 9/26/10, everything works perfectly; but I do have McAfee off...

OS Name    Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium
              Version    6.0.6002 Service Pack 2 Build 6002

System Model    VGN-AR570E
              Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU     T7700  @ 2.40GHz, 2401 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)

SMBIOS Version    2.4

Name    NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT
              PNP Device ID    PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0407&SUBSYS_9016104D&REV_A1\4&19FDAB84&0&0008
              Adapter Type    GeForce 8600M GT, NVIDIA compatible
              Installed Drivers    nvd3dum.dll, nvwgf2um.dll

Driver Version    7.15.11.0117

• 3. Re: Last Update Incompatible with Display Driver

Thanks for the information. Yes you may be right, it would be due to Windows Update. Anyhow, install back the McAfee programs and let us know the status...