Read your post.
Thank you for the information that you have provided. This helps us a lot.
I am unable to schedule the upgrade to v5.2 per the notification. When I select the Upgrade Scheduling Utility I get the following message:
"No new version of McAfee Saas Endpoint Protection is available. New installs are on v5.2.
When you log on to the Security Centre, do you see a blue ribbon on the dashboard announcing the new version and the option of clicking on it to learn more about the same ?
Did you actually click on the same tab or you went to utilities and tried scheduling the upgrade ?
Hi S.Pieroni -
Thanx for your post. And a very valid question. Let me try to explain how this process works.
· When we announce the release of a new version of the product, we are essentially upgrading our backend systems and the SecurityCenter starts showing the new features that were added.
· In the past, pre-5.2, we used to then start what we call the "phased rollout", which takes sets of machines at a time and upgrades the software on those sets of computers to the latest version of the product. The end customer does not need to do anything for this process. And hence the beauty of SaaS.
· In v5.2 we have introduced upgrade scheduling in response to customers' request for some control over this upgrade process. So, the change in v5.2 that you will see is when it is your turn, you will get a notification in SecurityCenter that your upgrade scheduling window is open for scheduling an upgrade of some or all of your machines. You need not do anything. If you don't, then we will do the phased rollout as before. If you wish to upgrade some or all machines, you can now pick a date to schedule the upgrade. Again, you can only do this when it is your turn and you have a notification to schedule your upgrade.
· If no upgrades are scheduled, then the phased rollout continues for 4-6 weeks.
· Net-net, you may not see the upgraded software on your computer until either you schedule your upgrade when your turn comes or when the phased rollout upgrades your computer.
· NOTE: New installs will automatically get the v5.2 software now. So on a machine which has no previous version of the product, the new version will install
Hope this helps and clarifies any confusion regarding the upgrade.
We are also modifying the post on SecurityCenter with this additional information to help other customers like you.
Thank you again for your support of SaaS Endpoint Protection product!
Senior Product Manager
SaaS Endpoint Protection
Thank you for the further explanation. With so many clients being able to control when the upgrades occur will be a great help.
I have now received the capability to schedule the 5.2 upgrade; however, would like to be able to schedule a time for the upgrade to happen. As is now with the normal dat file updates they occur randomly and completely leave the pc's unusable during this time.
I understand that you need to schedule your upgrade of the McAfee software from v5.0 to v5.2.
Please be informed that you will be able to set the day and date only and not the time for the upgrade.
To set the day and date for the upgrade, please follow the below steps.
1. Open the online McAfee Security center console
2. Place your mouse pointer on the tab that says "Utility"
3. select the option, "Upgrade schedule utility"
4. Now, you can click on the button that gives you the option and select the day and date.