4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 8, 2010 9:54 AM by mmoore3

create BenchMark to check Mcafee Antivirus

willsonlebig

Hi evreybody !

I use McAfee NAC 3.2 with EPO 4.5.

I want to create a Benchmark to check if Mcafee Antivirus ( VSE 8.7 + ASE 8.7 + Site Advisor 3.0) are installed on each computer of my network.

But I can not find the right checks I have to assign to my Benchmark.

Perhaps those checks are missing in my NAC 3.2

Please I need your helps to create this Benchmarks!

Thinks you in advance !

• 1. Re: create BenchMark to check Mcafee Antivirus
          mmoore3

Hi,

You can see examples of McAfee applications checks in a benchmark by doing the following:

1. Open benchmarks
          2. Check the "NAC - Default Benchmarks"
          3. Click the action button and select "Duplicate"
          4. Give the benchmark a new title and new ID
          5. Check the the benchmark
          6. Click the action button and select "Edit"

This benchmark has checks for VSE installed, VSE on access scanning enabled, SiteAdvisor Enterprise version, McAfee Agent installed and running, and VSE antispyware module installed. You can then use the title of these checks to create your own benchmarks or just use this copied default benchmark.

When you close the benchmark make sure to select the check, click the action button, and click activate. If you do not do this, you will not be able to add the benchmark to the system health polciy.

Regards,

Mike

• 2. Re: create BenchMark to check Mcafee Antivirus
            willsonlebig

Thanks you for your help!

I have duplicated and renamed the  "NAC - Default Benchmarks".

But I get an error message when I click activate "NAC - Default Benchmarks"

You can see the error in NAC.bmp image.

I notice that most of the checks and BenchMarks in MCAFEE NAC 3.2 are in relation with windows operating system

Why there no much predefined checks and Benchmarks for McAfee?

• 3. Re: create BenchMark to check Mcafee Antivirus
              mmoore3

I am not sure where that error is coming from. Try doing a repository pull with your ePO server and see if the content gets added.

If you go into checks, you can search for VirusScan to come up with 2 pages of checks.

More application checks for non windows McAfee applications are being created and being evaluated for inculsion in the default NAC benchmark.

• 4. Re: create BenchMark to check Mcafee Antivirus
                mmoore3

Can you export the orignial benchmark and the duplicatd benchmark? attached them as a post to this thread.