When a file is scanned, VirusScan compares it to known threats. VirusScan also uses heuristic
techniques to detect unusual behavior. When a file cannot be matched to a known threat, but exhibits unusual and possibly threatening behavior, VirusScan uses Artemis technology to evaluate the threat of the unknown file. If the file is deemed unsafe, VirusScan quarantines the file to protect your computer.
If you feel that VirusScan has incorrectly quarantined a file you know to be safe, you can recover that file using the steps below.
- Double-click the M icon in your taskbar.
- Click Navigation.
- Click the Quarantined and Trusted Items link.
- Click the Quarantined Items drawer.
- You may now click Restore to restore the file.
You can take other actions with the file, if desired:
- Click Delete to permanently delete the file.
- ClickSend to McAfee to send the file to McAfee Labs for further investigation.
McAfee Online Community Moderator
This file has already been whitelisted and should no longer detect. We request you to please update your latest and make sure you are using 5.4 and Scan Engine Version 5400 (5.4)
Thanks & Regards