1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 26, 2010 2:31 PM by vinoo

my security sheild

im not a computer geek i just go and do emails and stuff but yesterday i get this think flash up saying i have a trojan horse and ask it to remove then its please purchase my security sheild now i cant get rid of it my mcafee cant find it my windows defender has found it and is rogue;win32/fakevimes please help a simplton get rid of this as my laptop is only a few months old

• 1. Re: my security sheild
          vinoo

If you suspect you're infected and have trouble finding what is causing the infection, I'd suggest giving this handy tool a try.

"McAfee  GetSusp is intended for users who suspect undetected malware on their  system. By using a combination of clever heuristics and querying  McAfee's online database of known clean files to gather suspicious  files, GetSusp eliminates the user's need for deep technical knowledge  of computer systems to isolate undetected malware. McAfee GetSusp is  recommended as a tool of first choice when analyzing a suspect machine."

Get it from here:

https://community.mcafee.com/message/148081#148081

Once GetSusp identifies and collects the suspect files, post the logs here and we community members can help.

Regards,

Vinoo Thomas

Technical Product Manager, McAfee Labs