2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 24, 2010 10:19 AM by Peter M

First McAfee Update after initial download....no internet access

I have windows xp sp 3 and was reading about the problem......my sitauation is this......when i download mcafee for my laptop, I get the older version and all works ok until the computer goes thru the first update....then my internet access goes down.....I can get the Google homepage and even do a Google search, but when I try to get to an individual site, the browser just spins forever and gets stuck....... I have had two Mcafee reps go in and do a remote access, 1st one says he changed host file, and 2nd wiped out all Mcafee and placed a DMsetup file on my desktop to install after reboot.....I have done this and again when Mcafee updates, the internet access freezes....I have wireless access via netgear browser to cable internet.......When I remove Mcafee software, access problem instantly goes away so I know this is it.....have installed and removed probably 7 or 8 times now and problem still there.....I am about to remove for good and try to do something else.......I have spent hours with this now and feel hopeless................Any Advice ??????   Thx   Scott