1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 23, 2010 1:33 AM by exomega

I can get my Mcafee virus program to recognize the internet. what can i do to fix it?

I just recently installed Mcafee virus program on my computer from a CD. I can't update the software because Mcafee can't recognize an internet connection on my computer. I can still surf the web just fine. I've turned off all firewalls also. Networks connections looks good. It's just that Mcafee can recognize an internet connection. any way to fix this?

• 1. Re: I can get my Mcafee virus program to recognize the internet. what can i do to fix it?

Could you please clarify/try the following:

1. Since when you are using the McAfee programs on your computer?

2. Are you using Internet Explorer as your default browser, if not make it as the default one

3. If required reset/restore the Internet Explorer to its default settings

4. If you have a valid McAfee account then you shall install the latest version directly from your account http://us.mcafee.com rather than using the installation disk

5. You can also follow this KB Doc ID: TS100507 in order to remove the existing software and reinstall the latest version

Please try the above and let us know if that helps you