7 Replies Latest reply on Mar 9, 2011 7:12 PM by kmcin11

Problem: Logon to McAfee Foundation Services

Hey,

since two days i'm expericing a problem with our new ePolicy Orchstrator Server. I did a fresh install two weeks ago and all went well. last weekend we did a reboot of the server and now i only get this logon screen:

mcafee.jpg

I've found another threat here wich says to check the tcp port bindings. They're all fine.

The databsea is also working probably.

any Ideas?

• 1. Re: Problem: Logon to McAfee Foundation Services
          JoeBidgood

This really is almost always caused by an inability to log in the the ePO db. Can you check the orion.log and see if there are any related errors?

Thanks -

Joe

• 2. Re: Problem: Logon to McAfee Foundation Services

i think you're right.. But i mean i didn't change a thing. I didn't change the password of the windows User accessing the DB. and i can login to the DB useung SQL management Studio with exactly the same user.....

2010-09-17 02:52:58,579 ERROR [Thread-1] plugin.PluginManager  - Initialization of plugin core failed.

org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'core.db' defined in URL [jndi:/localhost/core/WEB-INF/beans.xml]: Instantiation of bean failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Could not instantiate bean class [com.mcafee.orion.core.db.base.Database]: Constructor threw exception; nested exception is java.sql.SQLException: Unable to get information from SQL Server: P-MAIL.

Caused by:

org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Could not instantiate bean class [com.mcafee.orion.core.db.base.Database]: Constructor threw exception; nested exception is java.sql.SQLException: Unable to get information from SQL Server: P-MAIL.

Caused by:

java.sql.SQLException: Unable to get information from SQL Server: P-MAIL.

at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.MSSqlServerInfo.<init>(MSSqlServerInfo.java:91)

at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.ConnectionJDBC2.<init>(ConnectionJDBC2.java:276)

at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.ConnectionJDBC3.<init>(ConnectionJDBC3.java:50)

at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver.connect(Driver.java:182)

at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:582)

at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:185)

at org.apache.commons.dbcp.DriverManagerConnectionFactory.createConnection(DriverM anagerConnectionFactory.java:65)

at org.apache.commons.dbcp.PoolableConnectionFactory.makeObject(PoolableConnection Factory.java:294)

at org.apache.commons.pool.impl.GenericObjectPool.borrowObject(GenericObjectPool.j ava:840)

at com.mcafee.orion.core.db.base.DbConnectionPool$CountingGenericObjectPool.borrow Object(DbConnectionPool.java:161)

at org.apache.commons.dbcp.PoolingDataSource.getConnection(PoolingDataSource.java: 96)

at com.mcafee.orion.core.db.base.DbConnectionPool.getConnection(DbConnectionPool.j ava:46)

at com.mcafee.orion.core.db.base.Database.getConnection(Database.java:316)

at com.mcafee.orion.core.db.base.Database.validate(Database.java:448)

at com.mcafee.orion.core.db.base.Database.init(Database.java:497)

at com.mcafee.orion.core.db.base.Database.<init>(Database.java:241)

at com.mcafee.orion.core.db.base.Database.<init>(Database.java:251)

at com.mcafee.orion.core.db.base.Database.<init>(Database.java:261)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessor Impl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructor AccessorImpl.java:27)

at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:513)

at org.springframework.beans.BeanUtils.instantiateClass(BeanUtils.java:85)

at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.SimpleInstantiationStrategy.instantia te(SimpleInstantiationStrategy.java:87)

at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.ConstructorResolver.autowireConstruct or(ConstructorResolver.java:186)

at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.au towireConstructor(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:799)

at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.cr eateBeanInstance(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:717)

at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.cr eateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:384)

at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory$1.getObject(Abstr actBeanFactory.java:251)

at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.getSingl eton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:156)

at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractB eanFactory.java:248)

at com.mcafee.orion.core.spring.MultiParentBeanFactory.getBean(MultiParentBeanFact ory.java:187)

at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractB eanFactory.java:160)

at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.preInstant iateSingletons(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:287)

at com.mcafee.orion.core.plugin.WebappPlugin.init(WebappPlugin.java:92)

at com.mcafee.orion.core.plugin.PluginManager.initPlugin(PluginManager.java:423)

at com.mcafee.orion.core.plugin.PluginManager.init(PluginManager.java:225)

at com.mcafee.orion.core.OrionCore.afterStart(OrionCore.java:373)

at com.mcafee.orion.core.server.OrionLifecycleListener.lifecycleEvent(OrionLifecyc leListener.java:40)

at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.j ava:120)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:705)

at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:552)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.ja va:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)

at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:295)

at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:433)

2010-09-17 02:52:58,579 ERROR [Thread-1] servlet.OrionPluginContextListener  - Could not find the OrionEventDispatchService while shutting down a Plugin ( core ). Please ensure that core depends on the core Plugin.

2010-09-17 02:52:58,657 ERROR [Thread-1] plugin.PluginManager  - Initialization of plugin remote failed.

com.mcafee.orion.core.plugin.depend.DependencyException: Dependency core had initialization error

2010-09-17 02:52:58,657 ERROR [Thread-1] plugin.PluginManager  - Initialization of plugin console failed.

com.mcafee.orion.core.plugin.depend.DependencyException: Dependency core had initialization error

2010-09-17 02:52:58,657 ERROR [Thread-1] plugin.PluginManager  - Initialization of plugin rs failed.

com.mcafee.orion.core.plugin.depend.DependencyException: Dependency console had initialization error

2010-09-17 02:52:58,657 ERROR [Thread-1] plugin.PluginManager  - Initialization of plugin scheduler failed.

• 3. Re: Problem: Logon to McAfee Foundation Services
              JoeBidgood

Is the SQL Browser service running? If not, try starting it, make sure it's set to Automatic, then restart the ePO services again... does that help?

Regards -

Joe

• 4. Re: Problem: Logon to McAfee Foundation Services

thanks a lot Joe!!

• 5. Re: Problem: Logon to McAfee Foundation Services
                  JoeBidgood

No problem

Regards -

Joe

• 6. Re: Problem: Logon to McAfee Foundation Services
                    dolchy

I had a similar problem a few weeks ago and it was fixed by replacing the nailite.dll file on the ePO server with a fresh copy from the install files for ePO 4.5. KB57826 which referred to ePO 3.5 and 3.6 worked for ePO 4.5.

• 7. Problem: Logon to McAfee Foundation Services
                      kmcin11

Hi,

In my case this error stems from an extension that suddenly corrupts.

I get this error almost every time I manually reboot the ePO server (an automatic reboot due to MS updates does not have this effect though). The first time this occurred I found myself having to rebuild the entire system and re-distributing the new Agent to over 17,000 machines throughout the domain. The second time I dug deeper and found this to work:

1. Match the database table dpo.OrionExtensions and the folder on the server called Program Files\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\server\extensions to include the same items. Delete any extensions from the extensions folder that are not within the database.
                      2. By going through the error messages, find the extensions that may be corrupt and delete these from both database and folder. In our case, these are consistenly "DataChannel" and "ldap."
                      3. At this point, logging in to the system should be once again available. There will be limited items within the console.
                      4. Navigate to the original ePO installation folder on the server and find the CAB file called epoMain.
                      5. Extract the needed extensions from here and reinstall these through the console.
                      6. Log out and launch the console again. Your system should be back to normal now.

Now this process takes around 10-15 minutes tops for me, and it has simply become part of my routine whenever I manually reboot the ePO server. Not ideal, but at least I found a solution that does not include rebuilding the entire system and all that goes with it...