3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 22, 2010 11:57 AM by lop

what to do after total protec install ok til after shutdown  or restart after update then all mucked up

I have had 4 different chat remote sessions the last one last night 5 hours always the same result as I had the first time i tried on my own...everything seems cool mcafee icon square, real time scan stays on I have the grey and green screen  everything protected network detected and everything...subscription verified .. then I shut down when day is done.. next time pc start back to shield icon  real time scan wont stay on wont detect network, it  keeps telling me i am running naked thru  the forest (un protected)... so i uninstall everything and then reinstall again and discovered the same thing will happen even if i dont shut down if it updates it goes from ok to  all mucked up  .. i have been fighting this for two weeks now i am ready to take a hammer to this darn thing my other pc down stairs  renewed the first time no problem and is a ok ... any help much appreciated thanks

Message was edited by: lop on 9/22/10 12:56:50 AM CDT

Message was edited by: lop on 9/22/10 12:58:52 AM CDT

Message was edited by: lop on 9/22/10 1:00:37 AM CDT

Message was edited by: lop on 9/22/10 1:02:19 AM CDT

Message was edited by: lop on 9/22/10 12:00:30 PM CDT
        • 1. Re: what to do after total protec install ok til after shutdown or restart  after update then all mucked up
          CopyRon

Tell us a little about this computer.

Operating System? Internet Explorer version? Any recent changes?

Are you running any betas?

Have you checked for malware?

Message was edited by: CopyRon on 9/21/10 7:03:14 AM EDT
          • 2. Re: what to do after total protec install ok til after shutdown or restart  after update then all mucked up

operating sys win xp  int exp 8 they or them or whoever was tech chatting with updated to int exp 8  night before last recent changes... not sure exactly u mean  not sure what the tech peoole did seems like they have been trying all sorts of stuff here are some of  the cust serv numbers 522407798    484570=521238756

521920459   521265828   563709170 (6356=192117296\6196  562884844  and a few more i f ya want them don't  know what a beta is but i will look it up soon as i can, also not sure about malware ...but i did run super anti virus that someone on the community recommended day before yesterday and it  supposedly got rid of a load of supposedly bad stuff  altho it made no difference... this morning i re installed again and turned off auto update and everything seems happy in the world

but i am 99.9 % sure that if it updates or is restarted it will go back to an earlier unstable no work worth a dam version also my computer downstairs that renewed first try no prob has a newer "more currant" version  but says it can't connunicate with this one because it is running an older version of mcafee... i actually started on this pc before that one  this on is an hp the other "good" one is a dell dimension thanks in advance for helping me this this is driving me nuts otherwise... the pc is fine it's running fasrer now that all the tech people have gotten rid of all the bs thanks again

• 3. Re: what to do after total protec install ok til after shutdown or restart  after update then all mucked up

I did'nt shut it down last night but this morn the protection level is yellow at risk ... because of some error...somewhere...so i was also getting an update now message so I figured what the hell and I let it update ,,,after restart it went back to the ol' red and white old don't work worth a dam version and says real time scan not installed...well at east i don't have to worry about it not staying on...so I am back at square  -1 at least before i renewed i was protected...oh well I guess it's back to cust serv or trying to get one of my kids teenie bopper nerds to try and resolve this fiasco..