2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 20, 2010 1:59 PM by tecxus

What is PWD for ( Linux Virus Scan Console) :55443 ?

hi,

I have Installed McAfee Virus Scan for Linix Enterprise. Now i have following question which would need your help for clarification.

1:  I installed McAfee Agent on Linix Server ( Red HAT Enterprise 4.0) and then i deployed AV engine from ePO server to Linux Server. The setup got installed and i was even able to access the AV HTTPS Console https://192.168.1.109:55443.

The question here is ( What pwd i should use to login to Web Console of Virus Scan for Linux ?). The document says use the usernme as ( nails) and pwd as  ( the one you used to install the AV engine. Now i did not use any pwd for installing the McAfee virus Scan for Linux as it was installed by ePO and it used root pwd. I tried to login to the web console of Virus scan for Linux using root credentials. It did not work. ( Any suggestion on this ) ?

2: I cant see the udpate on McAfee Virus Scan Agent on ePO ?.

Regards

L

• 1. Re: What is PWD for ( Linux Virus Scan Console) :55443 ?

hi,

the user nails is created by McAfe virus Scan Engine

nsm:x:501:501::/home/nsm:/bin/sh
          nails:x:502:502:McAfeeVSEForLinux Administrator:/home/nails:/sbin/nologin

so i   used the command

passwd nails

and reset the password for this user.

this solved the issue and i was able to login to McAfee virus Scan Console.

thanks

• 2. Re: What is PWD for ( Linux Virus Scan Console) :55443 ?

You need to set a new password for the account, nails.

By default no login shells will be configured, open the /etc/password file and check for nails account.

So login as root change the passsword by issueing passwd "nails"

this will set a new password for the nails account, using this you can monitor the logs and settings for virus scan on Linux machines.