4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 30, 2013 6:45 AM by exbrit Branched to a new discussion.

McAfee Total Protection: how to add program(s) to trusted items list

Mcafee AV detected trojan (Artemis) in my programm and move it to quarantine. After I restore it from quarantine, Mcafee move it again back into quarantine when I access (launch) this program.

So, how to add program to "trusted items" list?

I want to clarify: I don't need additional analyzing, I just trust to my program   and want to add my program to trusted items list. That is all.

Thank You!

• 1. Re: McAfee Total Protection: how to add program(s) to trusted items list
          exbrit

At present it isn't possible but if you publish the Artemis detection details here that team will take a look at it as I moved this to the Artemis Discussions section.

• 2. Re: McAfee Total Protection: how to add program(s) to trusted items list

I absolutely agree!

What is the point of having "Quarantined & Trusted Items" , when you cannot add files to the "Trusted Items" section?

The text in the "Trusted Items" even says this:

"McAfee will no longer detect these threats in your next scan because you chose to trust them during a scan. You can remove them from the list so McAfee can detect them again."

Interesting. But we never get the option to "Trust" any files!

The only thing we can do is "Restore" a quarantined file, in which case, it will get quarantined again! Or

"Delete" the file, which we do not want to do.  Or

"Send" the file to McAfee for analysis.

Why does it feel like my McAfee AntiVirus Plus has just become less intuitive and less useful?! Even basic free antivirus software allows me much more freedom and control over what I can do the settings.

I understand if McAfee wants their software to be idiot proof, but at the very least, there should be an option to turn on ADVANCED settings so that I can customize the software to behave the way I want it to!!

Its very annoying and I am tempted to just cancel my 3 year subscription and use a free antivirus software instead!

Message was edited by: noelho on 9/21/10 6:32:21 AM CDT
            • 3. Re: McAfee Total Protection: how to add program(s) to trusted items list
              exbrit

The ability to ignore files and folders was removed several versions back and we have argued strongly for that ability to be retored and have been told that it is a strong possibility that it will return.

If something is identified as Artemis then you should publish the detection number in this section and they will look into it.

• 4. Re: McAfee Total Protection: how to add program(s) to trusted items list
                exbrit

Anyone with similar issues or suggestions please start your own new thread.

As of posting this, I believe Real-Time Scanning trusting is being reintroduced soon, when I don't know.