6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 4, 2014 4:01 PM by eelsasser

MWG7 and templates

Hello,

how is possible to apply changes to templates on my MWG7? The appliance saves changes in /opt/mwg/storage/default but it still uses templates from /opt/mwg/storage/default/initial in my opinion.

Thank you.

Best regards

Pavel

• 1. Re: MWG7 and templates
          Jon Scholten

You can edit the templates from the GUI in 7, this is done under Policy > Settings, under Actions > Block, each of the block templates are listed under this section, select one and you can edit the 'Template Collection'.

As always I recommend backing up the templates before editing.

~Jon

• 2. Re: MWG7 and templates
            itagsupport

Hi

I think Pavel is right. I did some changes to the index.html, but they are not reflected in the error pages. The actual error content works fine.

I can see on the CLI that index.html is really changed after some modification in the GUI, but the changes do not appear in the error pages. I think the index.html is always been taken from the "initial" directory. Bug?

Regards

Roman

• 3. Re: MWG7 and templates
              Jon Scholten

Could you upload some screenshots of the problem? In my testing I have never had issues updating the template that is displayed to the user. As soon as a new property is added to the page, it is updated on the block page presented to the user.

-Jon

• 4. Re: MWG7 and templates
                itagsupport

Hi Jon

my fault.......

I edited the index.html file that was under "default" (together with the stylesheet). I discovered that there's another index.html in the "en" subfolder, which correctly reflects my changes.

Nevertheless: what is the index.html under "default" used for then.....?

Regards

Roman

• 5. Re: MWG7 and templates
                  malware-alerts

itagsupport wrote:

Hi Jon

my fault.......

I edited the index.html file that was under "default" (together with the stylesheet). I discovered that there's another index.html in the "en" subfolder, which correctly reflects my changes.

Nevertheless: what is the index.html under "default" used for then.....?

Regards

Roman

It's used for fallback, when the language configured on the browser displaying the page does not match any languages defined in your templates.

For example, I only had the english (EN) templates loaded up and some of my users use French regional settings. They would get the Index.html page defined under 'default' since I did not have any French (FR) templates defined.

• 6. Re: MWG7 and templates

'default' is the default schema.

The files directly under the default/ are the Fallback pages.

MWG can auto-detect the language of the browser and send the appropriate pages in a specific language.

'en' is the local code for english and MWG detected you were using an english browser.

If you were using a Spanish 'es' browser, and there was no 'es' folder, then it would use the Fallback pages in default/