2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 17, 2010 9:30 PM by Peacekeeper

Security Warning pop-ups

Does anyone else find the Security Warning Pop-ups to be really annoying?   Everytime I try to go to a site using HTTPS I get these ******* pop-ups that will not turn off.   McAfee says that the alerts cannot be turned off.   Its enough to make me want to uninstall McAFee and go back to Norton or using Windows defender.

• 1. Re: Security Warning pop-ups
          k3tg

Try running the McAfee Virtual Technician found at the top of this page under Useful Links in the Technical Support link. MVT will scan your computer for any McAfee related issues and if it finds any it will attempt to fix them. I find that sometimes this happens on my computer but I have had it happen only a handful of times in the last 3 weeks or so.

• 2. Re: Security Warning pop-ups
            Peacekeeper

This an issue with IE and the Forum software and we mods have stirred heaps on it and it is being worked on. To work better in the time being Firefox works it seems with minimal popups. Smilies though do not work in FF when composing emails this something latest Ff has that clashes with forum software.

Shortcuts to make these faces do work.

OK I might have misunderstood here this is not this site but others correct? We were having issues here with IE but that fixed mostly

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 18/09/10 12:30:48 PM