2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 15, 2010 4:55 AM by goorambatman

A few errors to go over...

Hi, I have a PC with Windows 7 Professional and Action Center is reporting the following message.

VirusScan Enterprise + AntiSpyware Enterprise is on but is reporting its status to Windows Security Center in a format that is no longer supported.  Use the Program's automatic updating feature, or contact the program manufacturer for an updated version.

My AV Software:
      I am using McAfee VirusScan Enterprise + AntiSpyware Enterprise 8.7.0i.
      Scan Engine Version 5400.1158
      DAT Version 6105.0000
      Installed Patches:  1

Virtual Technician detected some problems:
      Language is not supported - My PC's Language is English (Australian).
      Missing Files 4.
      Latest cumulative patch or service pack is not avaliable.

When I run auto-update I get the following message:
      Updates were not applied because packages were not in the repository:  VSCANCEU1000. EXTRADAT1000.

Are there any patches/updates that I should have but don't?  If so where can I manually download and install them?

The software seems to be functioning well, but it would be good to resolve these errors.

• 1. Re: A few errors to go over...
          Attila Polinger

Hello,

Hi, I have a PC with Windows 7 Professional and Action Center is reporting the following message.

VirusScan Enterprise + AntiSpyware Enterprise is on but is reporting its status to Windows Security Center in a format that is no longer supported.  Use the Program's automatic updating feature, or contact the program manufacturer for an updated version.

I have read some posts here with similar problem (1st one) and the outcome was to install - at least -  Patch 2 for VirusScan Ent 8.7. I read thorugh the readme for PAtch 2, but this new reporting functionality is only mentioned in connection with a possible known issue:

Issue: Since VirusScan Enterprise 8.7i Patch 2 and later include the new interface for reporting status to Windows Security Center, uninstalling the Patch removes this function -- without reintroducing the older expired function. This means that Windows Security Center does not report VirusScan Enterprise 8.7i being installed until Patch 2 or later is implemented.

When I run auto-update I get the following message:
          Updates were not applied because packages were not in the repository:  VSCANCEU1000. EXTRADAT1000

Please see these KB articles:

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB55713&actp=search&viewlo cale=en_US&searchid=1284460618534

and

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB53932&actp=search&viewlo cale=en_US&searchid=1284460618534

Attila

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: A few errors to go over...

Patch 2 fixes the issue with how the McAfee software reports to windows so that was resolved.

None of the patches were able to be installed via automatic update but I was able to install them fine manually.

I am still getting this message:

Updates were not applied because packages were not in the repository:  VSCANCEU1000. EXTRADAT1000

From reading the KB articles you posted, this is not an error message.  It just means there were no updates avaliable and there for nothing was downloaded there for nothing was in teh repository.

Everything seems to be running well, I have upgraded to Patch 3 which appears to be the latest, I'll just have to keep an eye out for Patch 4 if that comes out so I can install it manually as it may not install automatically seeing 2 and 3 did not install automatically.

Thanks.

Message was edited by: goorambatman on 15/09/10 7:54:43 PM

Message was edited by: goorambatman on 15/09/10 7:55:57 PM