Do you still have a chat session id number you could post here? If not try the chat again and they will probably go through the same routine again but ask that your case can be escalated to the next higher tier of support. This way a technician could work with you and gather some information and logs and investigate this issue further.
Thanks for the reply Tom. I don't have a chat # but I do have a ref # 561511318 that was used on my call. If I were guessing the service rep marked this issue as resolved as her final response to me was literally...uninstall it, see if your email works. If it works...reinstall it. If the email stops working, contact you computer manufacturer or Microsoft.
I honestly don't have two hours to sit on the phone with someone to try all of the same stuff I did before and have it not work. The only thing that has worked up to this point is to uninstall McAfee from my computer completely and suddenly my whole machine runs better.
If McAfee comes up with a solution for me that doesn't involve what I know doesn't work then I'll take the time to reinstall it and try it out. My guess is that will be in the form of a future upgrade to address this bug but I'm not holding my breath.
What really bothers me is that I know that this is a known issue and the CS rep acted like it wasn't a McAfee problem. Currently my machine runs great without McAfee and my email worked perfectly BEFORE the recent update to the security center. How that has become a problem for me I don't know.
What versions of mcafee are you showing I assume Outlook has permission to pass through the firewall and that you can connect to the net OK with Mcafee installed?
You said this is a known issue can you point me to where you saw that I have not heard of it as yet.
Will ask the techs we deal with and I agree your uninstalling rather proves it is not hardware.
Thanks for the reply Tony.
You are correct. My internet access worked perfectly with the new version of McAfee. And yes, permissions were set to allow McAfee through the Firewall. I even went through the process of turning off each McAfee service one at time to see if I could get it to work but no luck.
I tried the Virtual Technician and it APPEARED to work. When I say appeared I mean that showed that there as 1 problem and that it resolved it. Unfortunately the 1 problem it resolved was not the ability for me to send/receive emails via Outlook.
At that point I had tried everything I knew to try and gave up. I called CS and we went through several of the same steps again before they gave up and told me to call Dell or Microsoft. Finally I followed the uninstall instructions that were emailed to me and ran the MCPR program that was sent over. Once McAfee was uninstalled...email returned and was actually blazing fast.
Since then I have tried to use a Restore Point to go back before the upgrade was pushed out to see if the file was corrupted in the upgrade. No luck. Same problem.
After that I have tried to reinstall Security Center from my McAfee Account...three different times....same problem.
I say that this is a known issue because I can't be the only person that is having this problem. I'm guessing somewhere in the Bug Reports at McAfee this has been reported. If not, please pass this along so they can get to working on it.
And unfortunately I cannot tell you which version I had on my machine because it is currently uninstalled.
Again, thanks for taking the time to reply to my question. Hopefully I can get this resolved before I just give up on the whole thing.
I asked two techs and another mod whether they have seen this. Also I meant ensure outlook was allowed in firewall permissions you said mcafee was allowed I assume that was a typo.